Plan your visit to the Hall at Hardwick
Our beautiful Elizabethan Hardwick Hall is open. Climb the 66 steps of Bess’s original processional route, and experience the incredible historic rooms on the top floor.
Here is everything you need to know for your visit.
- The hall is now open everyday, between 12pm – 4pm with last entry at 3.40pm.
- Entry to the hall is included in your pre-booked ticket for Hardwick. You do not need to book an additional ticket.
- Entry is a one-in one-out basis, there may be some queueing before entry.
- For track and trace we will be required to scan your membership card or take some details from non-members.
- Initially we will only be opening the showcase Elilzabethan top floor, and elements of the the ground floor, see our map for more information.
- Please see our portrait guide which you can download and use on your visit.
- You will be required to wear a face covering, so please bring one with you.
You'll be asked to wait outside the house, until it is safe to proceed. If there is a long queue, we would ask that you enjoy the rest of the estate and then come back a little later when the queue is smaller.
All booked tickets give entry to the house, however due to social distancing measures, we are having to limit the daily number of visitors in the house, and therefore we cannot guarantee your entry.
We can’t wait to welcome you back safely to explore and enjoy the fascinating history and collections in the magnificent Hall.