Walnut torte fudge cake
Chocolate fudge cake, the ultimate feel good treat. Why not give our recipe a go? This cake is always popular when we put in back on the menu during the chilly months and now you can make it at home!
Cakes and bakes
- 180g Dark chocolate
- 200g Baking margarine
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 100g Walnuts, roasted and blitzed until fine
- 50g Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 5 Eggs
- 150g Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
For the topping:
- 100ml Double cream
- 100g Dark chocolate
- 20g White chocolate
- Make sure the chocolate mixture is cool before adding to the eggs.
- Make sure the eggs are whisked really well, this could take up to 10 minutes.
- When blitzing the walnuts, ensure they're cold, don't over blend or they will form a paste which won't work in the recipe.
- Melt the chocolate and margarine together and add the vanilla flavouring, leave to cool while you whisk the eggs.
- Place the walnuts, cocoa and baking powder in a bowl and mix together well.
- Place the eggs and sugar in the bowl of your mixer, attach the whisk and start to mix on number one, add a tsp salt and continue mixing.
- Increase the speed to maximum and continue to whisk until the mixture reaches ribbon stage.
- Remove the whisk and slowly pour in the cooled chocolate mixture, stirring with a metal spoon until incorporated.
- Sprinkle the walnut mixture over the top of the mix and gently fold through until incorporated.
- Pour into your baking tins and tap once on the worktop to remove any large air bubbles, place into the oven at 150°C and bake for around 45 minutes or until risen and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean, remove and leave to cool.
- Place the cream in a pan and bring to a boil, immediately switch off the heat and add the chocolate, stir until melted and smooth.
- Pour the topping over the torte, letting it drip down the sides.
- Melt the white chocolate and drop randomly over the top of the cake, use a spoon to swirl gently. Leave to set before serving.