Visiting Killerton: what you need to know
The car park, garden, house, park, toilets, café, shop and plant sales at Killerton are now open. To ensure the safety of our visitors, staff, volunteers and local communities, we've reduced the number of people we can welcome at one time and you’ll need to book your visit in advance. In this article you’ll find everything you need to know about what's open and what to expect from your visit.
Arrival and parking
If you are arriving at Killerton by car, please have your ticket ready to show our staff either on your phone or a printed copy. If you’re a member, you’ll also need to show your membership card. You'll asked to show these through your vehicle window before parking. Those arriving on foot will be checked by a small team of staff who will adhere to social distancing.
In order to maintain social distancing, please arrive within your timeslot. Sadly, if you're more than 10 minutes late, we won’t be able to guarantee you entry. Your entry will be at the discretion of the property staff and will be based on visitor numbers and the ability to maintain social distancing.
Staying safe at Killerton
To help keep everyone safe, please follow social distancing and government guidance when you visit. And look out for signs while you’re here which will explain any changes to how you can access different parts of the site.
If you’re showing any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you've been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 14 days, please don’t visit.
The car park, garden, parkland, Kitchen Café takeaway, coffee shop, shop & plant sales and toilets are now open. From Tuesday 11 August, the ground floor of the house will be open daily, 1-4pm (last entrance at 3.30pm). Visits are limited to ensure social distancing and entry to the house is not guaranteed on the day you visit.
Visiting with your family
Bringing a dog?
Dogs are not allowed in the formal garden or chapel grounds, except for assistance dogs, but dogs on leads welcome in the park (please keep dogs on leads around livestock).
- There are 10 designated spaces for disabled visitors where the parking area surface is tarmac and 10 additional spaces on a gravel surface, all approximately 75 meters from Visitor Reception.
- The surfaces of other areas of main car parking are tarmac and/or gravel. The surface of the overflow car park is gravel and grass.
- Please call Killerton in advance if you would like to discuss the options for dropping off a visitor at a particular area.
- Adapted toilets in car park (limited space), and garden
- The surface of the stables courtyard where Visitor Reception, bookshop, plant sales, shop and Stables coffeeshop are located is cobbled and uneven.
- Mobility buggy service, tramper hire and wheelchair loans are unavailable until further notice.
Exploring the garden
The garden is looking lovely, but it won’t be quite as you’re used to seeing it. We had almost no gardeners in the property for many weeks, while everyone stayed home and stayed safe.
We have a small team in now, but nowhere near what we’re used to, so the garden isn't perhaps as well-groomed as you might be expecting. There are some weeds and rough edges; please bear with us as we do what we can as soon as we can, and instead enjoy all the many other pleasures that our garden has to offer.
Gardeners will be working in the garden, please respect the social distancing guidelines around them and be aware that at times some areas may be closed for maintenance and to give the team space to work.
There will be no talks, tours, or opportunities for questions or advice at this time.
Booking your tickets
How to book
All visitors must book a ticket in advance, including members. Entry and parking is free for members, but please bring your membership card with you. Non-members will need to pay in advance.
- Please book one ticket per person, except for children aged 5 or under as they don’t need a ticket.
- You’ll need to choose a 30-minute arrival time for the day you want to visit.
- The timeslot is for your arrival time only
- Tickets are for your use only and are not available for resale
- We'll send your booking confirmation by email. Please make sure you fill in your correct email address when you book to ensure you receive your confirmation email.
Every Friday we'll release new bookings for visits the following week. You can book up to 18 hours before a timeslot.
Due to limited spaces, we’re asking that you only book once a week to allow others a chance to visit.