This rich gingerbread is a family favourite at Christmas time. Why don't you give this one a go at home before you visit?
- 120g (4 oz) self raising flour
- 30g ( 1oz) porridge oats
- 90g (3 oz) golden syrup
- 60g (2 oz) soft brown sugar
- 90g (3 oz) margarine or butter
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tsp milk
- Salt (if you wish)
- Sieve the flour, salt (if using) and ginger into a bowl then add the soft brown sugar and porridge oats.
- Melt the margarine & golden syrup together in a saucepan, add the milk.
- Mix into the dry ingredients and add the beaten egg.
- Beat thoroughly & pour mixture into a 18cm / 7inch greased loaf tin.
- Bake at 180ºC / fan 160ºC / gas mark 3 for approximately 1 hour.