Families at Nymans
There’s plenty for families to see and do at Nymans. Explore the garden and woods or discover hidden treasures in the house. Activity and spotter sheets will keep little ones happy while our seasonal trails in the garden and geocaching in the woods are fun for everyone.
Play in the garden
The Messel family enjoyed playing in the garden. To help you enjoy your visit we have activities throughout the garden. Explore the bamboo jungle and topiary shapes, build a den in our den building area or test your skills on the wooden stepping stones and balance beams.
Discover more about the hidden stories of Nymans with one of our family trails. Each season we have a different themed trail that you can collect on arrival from our welcome hub (charges apply). Follow the trail to find the clues to complete the challenge.
The woods are a great place to explore with boardwalks, water cascades, mud, flowers and very tall trees. Our three circular walks will show you some of the best bits (pick up a map from the welcome hub). See if you can find the large wooden sculptures. For extra adventure why not try our geocaching trail?
50 things to do before you're 11 ¾ at Nymans
Visit us and collect your free activity scrapbook and tick off some of the 50 things to do before you're 11 ¾. The garden and woods are a great place to start. Discover crazy creatures and have fantastic adventures. Start you adventure with us at Nymans.
Family friendly checklist
- Children under 5 are free
- Single and multiple adult family memberships available
- Baby changing facilities available
- Gravel and grass paths throughout the garden
- Half portions and lunch boxes in café
- High-chairs available in cafe
- Picnics welcome in the garden
- Borrow a blanket
- Shelter spots throughout the garden
- Free childrens' activities
- Pocket-money gifts in our shop
- Designated outdoor natural play areas (unfenced)