New Riding House cafe for Nymans in 2020
We're open as usual during this time and ready to welcome you. During 2020 we will be building a new café and toilets in our old Riding House and Kitchen Block next to the main house. We will also be building a new kitchen, reorganising our current café and building new toilets next to our existing cafe.
The café and toilet provisions at Nymans have long needed improving. These changes will much better meet the needs of our visitors and they will also provide facilities in the heart of the garden next to the House.
Works will start in January and we anticipate them being fully completed by late autumn 2020.
Your visit with us
- While there may be some building noise, we hope that the works will not intrude unduly on your visit. The work areas are contained near the entrance and behind the House
- Toilets can be found in the car park. An additional toilet can be made available on request within the House (please note this is not suitable for visitors using a wheelchair or mobility buggy)
- The Horsebox pop-up café has moved during the works and can be found close to the welcome hub, the kiosk will be closed.
- Our café remains open as usual. There will be no direct access from shop to café, you may need to reenter through the visitor reception to reach the café.
- Please make sure that you finish your visit by the time the property closes as all the main exits will then be locked.
- We are providing much-needed modern facilities, which so many of our visitors have asked for in their feedback.
- Our new Riding House café will have views across the fields and woods and have wait-to-table service
- There will be 20 new toilets, including family toilets, a new fully accessible toilet and changing place
- The income from our new café will directly support conservation work at Nymans, making sure the gardens, house and woodland are cared for and beautiful, for everyone, for ever.
We're open every day 10am - 4pm (5pm in the spring & summer months) and will have opportunities, as the work progresses, for visitors to see behind the scenes. Look out for upcoming tours and events on the website.