Plas Newydd: Dog route extended
Tails will be wagging with excitement this year as we open up more quality sniffing trails for our four legged friends.
New for 2016, we have extended our route and renewed our dog policy to allow four legged families to roam (on leads!) around the grounds.
Plas Newydd pooches will be free to visit almost all areas of our gardens and grounds, including outside the mansion and previously un sniffed areas like the Rhododendron Garden and Camelia Dell.
" We've always loved visiting Plas Newydd with the dogs but have never been able to explore all the gardens before. Great news!"
The only area off limits to canine companions is the mansion house itself and our terraced garden, where the precise planting demands that it is kept a paw free zone.
There are, of course, certain rules to keep the peace, especially with out more timid furry residents:
Rules for pooches
- Short leads only, no free running I'm afraid Benji.
- Please ask your owners/masters/primary care givers to clean up after you and dispose of any 'waste' in the dog bins provided.
- No barking at or chasing our Red Squirrels.
- Sory Fido, we can't let you in the house I'm afraid
- Please tell your owners not to leave you aone while they nip (no pun) into the house for a peek.
- Please feel free to take selfies with your family and post them on Facebook od Twitter using the #PlasNewyddPooches hashtag.
- Please don't be too cute, we might have to keep you.