Visiting Plas Newydd, Anglesey, with your dog
Tails will be wagging with excitement as we welcome more dogs than ever to the garden and grounds of Plas Newydd.
In 2016, we extended our dog walking route and renewed our dog policy to allow four legged families to roam (on leads!) around the grounds.
Where can my dog go?
Plas Newydd pooches will be free to visit almost all areas of our gardens and grounds, including the areas outside the mansion and previously restricted areas such as the Rhododendron Garden and Camelia Dell.
" We've always loved visiting Plas Newydd with the dogs but have never been able to explore all the gardens before. Great news!"
Where can't my dog go?
The only areas off limits to canine companions are the house (assistance dogs only) and the Terraced Garden, where the precise planting demands that it is kept a paw free zone.
There are, of course, certain rules to keep the peace, especially with out more timid red-haired furry residents:
What do I need to be aware of at Plas Newydd?
- Short leads only please. If you are on an extendable lead, please keep it short whilst you're with us.
- Please ask your lovely owners to clean up after you and dispose of any 'waste' in the dog bins provided. You can find them located at the Visitor Centre, the entrance to Church Wood and just behind the Fuschias opposite to the Terrace Garden.
- No barking at or chasing our Red Squirrels please!
- Sorry guys, assistance dogs only allowed in the house (when open).
- The Old Dairy Cafe located up by the Visitor Centre is dog friendly all year around.
- Dogs are welcome in both shops..
- Please tell your owners not to leave you alone while they visit the house or pop to the toilet (please note house currently closed).
- Feel free to take selfies with your family and post them on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram tagging us @ntplasnewydd.
- Please don't be too cute or we might have to keep you!
Facilities available for my dog
- Water bowls are available outside the Visitor Centre, Old Dairy Cafe and the Sunroom Kiosk.
- We have red dog waste bins located by the Visitor Centre, the entrance to Church Wood and opposite the Terraced Garden steps (just behind the fuschia bushes).
- A map showing the locations of the bins can be found on our main webpage, under the map icon. This can be downloaded to your phone or tablet.