Visiting Plas Newydd: what you need to know
In this article you’ll find everything you need to know about what's open and what to expect from your visit.
We're looking forward to welcoming you back. Before your visit to Plas Newydd, read this article to find everything you need to know about what's open and what to expect from your visit. We've made some changes to our usual offer, to help keep everyone safe.
Arrival and parking
- Although our car park is large, it can fill up easily during busy periods. Our team will not be able to help you find a parking space.
- We have designated blue badge holder parking close to the entrance.
- Campervans that are used for transport are welcome but are not permitted to stay overnight. At this time we’re unable to welcome caravans and coaches.
- There is no limit to the amount of time you can spend at Plas Newydd during your visit.
- The garden and woodland are open daily from 10.30am to 5pm. Last entry to the garden is 4pm.
- The house is open daily from 11.30am to 4pm. Last entry is at 3.30pm.
- The Old Dairy Café is open from 10am to 5pm daily, serving a limited selection of drinks, cakes, light bites and sandwiches to eat in or to take away.
- The Sunroom Kiosk is open from 11am to 4.30pm daily (weather permitting) and serves a selection of drinks, cakes, sandwiches and ice cream to takeaway.
- The Adventure playground in Dairy Wood is open.
- The shop in the Old Dairy is open 10.30am to 5pm.
- The Frisbee golf course is open and free to use, but you will need to bring a Frisbee from home or you can purchase one from the shop.
Bringing a dog?
Dogs are welcome in all outdoor areas with the exception of the Terraced Garden. We do ask that you keep your four-legged friend on a lead at all times, including woodland areas and also in the car park.
There are lots of hard standing paths through the garden but we are on a hilly site so there are some steep inclines. Please look out for the accessible route sign to avoid steps when making your way to the views of the Menai Strait and Snowdonia. We have seating throughout the garden for you to rest along the way. Please check with staff on arrival if you have any concerns.