Dudmaston Last Minute Christmas Cake
If you've left it to the last minute to start your Christmas cake don't worry, this simple recipe is all you need to make a great cake for the big day.
- 800g Mixed dried fruits
- 250g Plain flour
- 50g Chopped nuts
- 2 tsp Mixed spice
- 1 tbsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 225g Butter
- 225g Light brown sugar
- 5 Eggs (beaten)
- Mix together the flour, sugar, mixed spice, and cinnamon.
- Add the butter and rub together until a breadcrumb consistency has been formed.
- Add mixed fruit and chopped nuts.
- Beat the eggs and vanilla essence together and slowly dd until the mixture forms a smooth consistency.
- Place in the oven at Gas mark 4/180 degrees for 3 1/5 hours.
- Once the cake is all cooled all that is left is to decorate!