Christmas tree cookies
The best Christmas baking recipes for kids involve few ingredients and easy decorations, which is why these Christmas tree cookies should be on your list.
- 125g (4oz) butter
- 55g (2oz) caster sugar
- 180g (6oz) plain flour
- Green ready to roll icing
- Red ready to roll icing
- Yellow ready to roll icing
- Christmas tree cutter
- Boiled apricot jam
- Preheat your oven to 190C.
- Mix the butter and sugar together until smooth then gradually combine the flour to make a dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, remove the dough and knead it to make it pliable. Dust your work surface with icing sugar then roll out your dough.
- Take your cutter and press out your Christmas trees.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, the biscuits should be a golden brown colour. Allow them to cool before decorating.
- Roll out your green ready to roll icing and press out the Christmas tree shape. Fix these onto each biscuit using some boiled apricot jam.
- Then roll some small balls of red and yellow icing and fix into place using cooled boiled water to mimic fairy lights.