Christmas tree cookies
The best Christmas baking recipes for kids involve few ingredients and easy decorations, which is why these Christmas tree cookies should be on your list.
Cakes and bakes
- 125g (4oz) butter
- 55g (2oz) caster sugar
- 180g (6oz) plain flour
- Green ready to roll icing
- Red ready to roll icing
- Yellow ready to roll icing
- Christmas tree cutter
- Boiled apricot jam
- Preheat your oven to 190C.
- Mix the butter and sugar together until smooth then gradually combine the flour to make a dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, remove the dough and knead it to make it pliable. Dust your work surface with icing sugar then roll out your dough.
- Take your cutter and press out your Christmas trees.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, the biscuits should be a golden brown colour. Allow them to cool before decorating.
- Roll out your green ready to roll icing and press out the Christmas tree shape. Fix these onto each biscuit using some boiled apricot jam.
- Then roll some small balls of red and yellow icing and fix into place using cooled boiled water to mimic fairy lights.