Coconut and fruit flapjacks
Enjoy this twist on the classic golden syrup flapjacks. Packed with mixed fruit and coconut, these flapjacks are ideal as an energy-boosting snack or the perfect sneaky treat with a cup of tea or coffee.
- 250g Desiccated coconut
- 250g Dried mixed fruit
- 360g Baking margarine
- 250g Caster sugar
- 300g Golden syrup
- 720g Oats
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C.
- Place the coconut in a bowl and add around 250ml boiling water. Stir well and leave to stand.
- Add the dried mixed fruit and stir again, put to one side while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Place the margarine, syrup and sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat. Once the mixture starts to melt give it a stir.
- Once melts, add the soaked coconut and fruit and stir to incorporate, remove from the heat.
- Pour the melted mixture into the oats and stir well until the liquid is all soaked up and the fruit evenly distributed.
- Tip into your lined tin and gently smooth out to give an even layer.
- Place in the oven and bake for around 25- 30 minutes, or until lightly coloured and set.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool before portioning.