Pork and apple sausage rolls
Quick to prepare and tasty to eat, these pork sausage rolls with apple and sage are just the thing for a light supper. Delicious served still warm from the oven.
For the filling:
- 500gsausage meat
- 50gwhite onion, finely chopped
- A good pinch of salt and pepper
- 5g ground black pepper
- 100g apple, roughly chopped
- 5g dried sage
For the pastry:
- 300g puff pastry
For the glaze:
- 1 egg, beaten
- For the filling: place all the filling ingredients into a bowl and combine thoroughly.
- For the pastry: lay your pastry sheet on your worktop and cut in half lengthways.
- Place half your filling on the first half of the pastry sheet lengthways in an even line.
- Fold one half of the pastry over the filling, and wet the edge with a little water.
- Fold over the other half of the pastry and press down to seal. Repeat with the other half of your pastry.
- Cut into 6 even rolls, place onto your lined tray and score the tops with a knife. Brush with the egg wash.
- Place in the oven at 170C for 30-35 minutes until golden and risen.