Quick strawberry jam
This delicious, easy to make jam will keep for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- 150g /6oz sugar
- 200g /8oz strawberries
- 1 juiced lemon
- Hull the strawberries and chop into pieces.
- Place the sugar in a sauté pan over a medium heat and add the lemon juice.
- Swirl the pan to ensure the sugar soaks up all the lemon juice.
- Increase the heat and continue to cook until the sugar has dissolved and is bubbling gently.
- Tip in the strawberries (being careful not to splash yourself with hot sugar) and stir gently.
- Continue to cook until the strawberries have broken down and the jam has thickened.
- Decant into a bowl and leave to cool before use.
If you don't have time to make your own jam, you can buy National Trust jam in our online store by clicking here.