If you've got an abundance of redcurrants to use, these simple seasonal muffins will go down a treat with everyone. Redcurrants will hold their flavour when baked into the yummy mixture and will add a gentle tartness to balance out the sweetness of the muffin.
- 400g self-raising flour
- 250g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250ml soya milk
- 150ml vegetable oil
- 200g fresh currants
- 75g demerara sugar
- Place the flour and sugar into your bowl, followed by the currants.
- Mix the eggs, oil and soya milk in a jug and combine.
- Add the egg mix to the flour mix, fold together gently until just combined and split evenly between your muffin cases.
- Sprinkle the demerara sugar over the top of each muffin.
- Bake in the oven at 170°C for 25 minutes until crisp on golden on top and cooked in the centre.