Rhubarb and ginger cheesecake pot
Get stuck into these simple and delicate cheesecake puddings that are perfect for a fruity after-dinner treat.
For the compote
- 250g Rhubarb, cut into 1cm pieces
- 50g Caster sugar
- 4 tsp Lemon juice
For the base
- 150g Shortbread biscuits
For the cheesecake
- 125g Full fat soft cheese
- 50g Icing sugar
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 200ml Double cream
- 4 tsp Syrup from stem ginger jar
- 50g Stem ginger
- For the compote; place the rhubarb into a pan along with the caster sugar and the lemon juice.
- Place over a medium heat and bring to the boil, then simmer for 3 – 5 minutes until the rhubarb is starting to break down and the liquid has thickened. Take off the heat and leave to cool.
- For the cheesecake; place all the ingredients into a bowl and whisk until thick and creamy, it should hold a soft peak.
- For the base; crush the shortbread biscuits and divide between your serving pots.
- Level out the biscuits in the pot by tapping it gently on the side.
- Carefully pipe a portion of the cheesecake filling on top of the biscuit base and smooth the top.
- Divide the rhubarb compote between your serving dishes by placing it on top of the cheesecake.
- Place a few pieces of chopped stem ginger on top and serve.