Vegan chocolate fudge cake
Perfect for an afternoon pick me up, special occasion or simply because it's just too good not to have, this indulgent vegan chocolate fudge cake is sure to become a favourite.
- 750ml Soya milk
- 30ml White wine vinegar
- 450ml Vegetable oil
- 480g Self raising flour
- 480g Caster sugar
- 110g Cocoa powder
For the frosting:
- 250g Margarine, softened slightly
- 500g Icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
- 50g Cocoa powder
- Place the soya milk and vinegar into a bowl, stir well and leave to one side to thicken.
- Place the flour, sugar and cocoa powder in a bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Add the thickened soya milk and oil into the dry ingredients and stir well until you have an almost smooth batter.
- Divide equally between three lined cake tins and place in the oven at 170c for 15-20 minutes until the cake is cooked and slightly cracking on top.
- Place the softened margarine into your mixing bowl and whisk with the icing sugar and vanilla until you have a smooth, light frosting.
- Remove one third and place to one side. Add the cocoa powder to the remaining two thirds and mix thoroughly.
- Once the cakes have cooled, place the first sponge on a plate or board and top with half of the vanilla frosting.
- Cover the sides and top of the cake with the chocolate frosting and carefully smooth over.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to set the frosting slightly before cutting.
Hungry for more recipes?
From our kitchens to yours, why not recreate all that you love about a visit to a National Trust café at home? From hearty mains to light snacks and naughty treats, there's something for every mood.