Sweet and crumbly, these Viennese fingers are sandwiched with jam and dipped in chocolate.
- 250g/9oz butter
- 250g/9oz plain flour
- 75g/3oz caster sugar
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 100g/3.5oz jam
- 100g/3.5oz chocolate
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C (150°C fan, 325°F, gas mark 3).
- Place the butter and sugar in a bowl and using a hand whisk whip until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour and vanilla, mix with a spatula until smooth.
- Place into a piping bag with a large star nozzle.
- Pipe into fingers or swirls on your baking tray making them as even as possible.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10–15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes before placing on a cooling rack.
- Whilst the biscuits are cooling, place your chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir gently until melted.
- Sandwich the biscuits together using a thin spread of jam.
- Place a sheet of baking parchment under your cooling rack.
Dip each end of the Viennese fingers into the chocolate and place on the cooling rack until set.