Standen Lavender Cake
Autumn is the perfect time for walks through the garden and estate and what better way to treat yourself after than a slice of Standen lavender cake.
- 350g margarine or butter
- 350g Caster sugar
- 350g Self Raising Flour
- 6 Eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 ½ tsp milk
- 1tbsp dried lavender flowers
- For Icing: 25g Icing sugar:
- Enough water to make thin paste
- ½ tsp dried lavender flowers
- Pre-heat the oven to 170'.
- Cream margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs slowly, adding a little flour if it starts to curdle.
- Add the milk and vanilla essence.
- Fold in the lavender flowers.
- Put mixture in lined tin and bake 30-45mins at 170’ until knife comes out clean.
- Leave to cool and make a water icing with the icing sugar.
- Once cooled, ice cake and sprinkle lavender flowers on top.