Sudbury Stilton and Cranberry scones
Here at Sudbury we like to do things differently, a bit like this very tasty scone recipe. Stilton and Cranberry we hear you cry?! Trust us... they are delicious.
- 450g self-raising flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1tbsp caster sugar
- 115g butter, cubed
- 115g Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 115g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 115g fresh or dried cranberries
- 1 egg beaten
- Approx. 200ml milk
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and sugar into a mixing bowl. Add the butter and rub in using your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the Stilton, Cheddar and cranberries, then add the egg and enough milk to make a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and roll out to about 4cm thick. Stamp out using a 7cm round cutter.
- Knead the trimmings together lightly, re-roll and stamp out more rounds.
- Place on the baking sheet and brush the tops with milk.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Enjoy warm with plenty of butter to get the full cheesy experience.
See what other yummy National Trust scone recipes take your fancy in the National Trust book of scones (where this recipe can also be found), find it for sale in our Sudbury shop in the Stable Yard.