Apple and Parsnip Soup
Warming autumnal soup for those frosty days
- 15ml vegetable oil
- 100g chopped onion
- 1 clove of chopped garlic
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 400g chopped parsnips
- 140g Bramley apples
- 4g salt
- 1g pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion, garlic and nutmeg, saute for 5-10 minute until softened.
- Add the parsnips and the apples saute for another 5-10 minutes
- Add enough water to cover the parsnips and apples. Stir well, bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes or until the parsnips and apples are softened.
- Remove from the heat and blitz with a stick blender until perfectly smooth.