Family fun at Kingston Lacy
There is always lots going on at Kingston Lacy to help you spend time together as a family. Take your bike for a spin along the Woodland Trail, have a go at some '50 things’ challenges, explore the house with our activity booklet and let imaginations run wild in our woodland play area. We always have lots of special events planned in the school holidays too.
50 Things at Kingston Lacy
From wild art to cloud watching there are heaps of activities on the '50 things to do before you're 11¾' list to keep you busy at Kingston Lacy all year round. The challenges listed below are some of our favourites but we often have additional activities on offer in the school holidays as well. Take a look at our what's on page to see all our upcoming events.
Have a historic adventure in the house
Kingston Lacy house is full of extraordinary stories and amazing things. Pick up our new family house trail and delve into the lives of the Bankes family who called Kingston Lacy home for over 300 years. The family trail will help you discover keys to a ruined castle, egyptian treasures and paintings filled with Gods, animals and monsters. Why not have a go at ringing the servants bells on the way out?
Younger children can have a go at finding some of the very special paintings, colours and shapes in the house using our special spotter sheet for under 6s. Just ask our volunteers when you arrive.
Family friendly checklist
- Free entry for under 5s.
- Baby-changing facilities in access friendly toilets.
- Buggy friendly route around the Woodland Trail.
- Play areas on the Woodland Trail and in the Kitchen Garden.
- Family trail and spotter sheets (for younger children) available in the house.
- Hip-carrying infant seats available for loan in the house.
- Children’s menu available from the Stables Café.
- Pocket money gifts and children's books available in the shop. There are children's books in our second-hand bookshop, too