Beautiful snowdrops at Anglesey Abbey
The gardens are awakening as thousands of snowdrops burst into flower to herald the arrival of spring.
Daily from 20 January 2020 9.30am - 4.30pm.
Anglesey Abbey has one of the finest snowdrops collection in the country, with over 300 varieties of the delicate white flowers, including 20 varieties that have been discovered here at Anglesey Abbey.
This year our main Snowdrops Season runs from 20 January - 23 February 2020. We've also changed our opening times. The Visitor Centre, Redwoods Restaurant and the gardens now open at 9.30am.
Enjoying the snowdrops
There's a number of ways to explore the snowdrops from self led walks to guided tours.
Self guided walks
If you want to discover the snowdrops on your own, you can grab a copy of our welcome leaflet in the Visitor Centre when you arrive. The guide contains suggested routes and the best places to spot snowdrops.
Specialist Collection Tours
Join members of our Garden Team for an in-depth look at the Specialist Collection. Tours run weekdays at 11:30am 12.30pm and 1:30pm last approximately 1hr 30 minutes. Pre-booking essential. Click here for more details and to book.
Start your own snowdrops collection
Inspired to start your own collection at home? Our Plant Centre has a range of different snowdrops for sale. They are easy to grow and rapidly spread.
We can get a little busy during snowdrop season and would advise you to have a look at our helpful hints and tips on how you can make your visit as enjoyable as possible:
- If your diary is flexible, why not come during the week and avoid the school half-term holiday (15 February - 23 February).
- Sundays are usually busier than Saturdays, so if you can only visit us at a weekend, opt for a Saturday.
- Arrive early or later. The peak arrival time for our visitors is 10.30am - 1pm. Along with Redwoods Restaurant, the gardens open at 9.30am. Pick up a takeaway coffee and enjoy an early morning walk without the crowds.
- Likewise if you arrive after 1pm, there's still plenty of daylight to enjoy the gardens and it will be easier to find a parking spot.
- We serve lunch from 11.30am to 2.30pm. The restaurant is often quieter towards the beginning and end of this period.