Discover the House at Anglesey Abbey
Discover the many layers that Anglesey Abbey has to offer and explore its rich history from monastic priory to twentieth century home. We're gradually re-opening each space. Your visit may be a little different to what you remember, so please take some time to read through this article for further information on what's currently open.
Open Thursday - Tuesday | 11am - 3pm*
*The last entry to the house will be at 2pm.
Step through a different door and immerse yourself in a small but perfectly formed experience. We've re-opened a third of the house already, and plan to open more as time goes on. The new route is on the ground floor with improved accessibility. We’re pleased to be able to extend our current reduced admission price, whilst we're at the start of our journey towards fully re-opening. Thank you for your patience during this time.
- The safety of our visitors, volunteers and staff remains our top priority.
- Face coverings are recommended in enclosed, crowded areas.
- We'll continue to provide hand sanitiser and stick to our high standards of cleanliness.
- If you're showing any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you've been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 10 days, please don't visit.
- To protect the collection from accidental damage, large bags and baby carriers cannot be worn inside the house and must be carried.
- Please leave pushchairs outside the house. Speak to a member of the team if you're unsure where to leave them.
- Accessible routes are available, please take a look at our Access Statement to find out more, or speak to a member of the team on arrival.
Rooms to explore from home...
Preparations are underway to open more rooms as the year goes on. Here are the rooms we’re looking forward to sharing with you soon.
This includes the Newmarket Bedroom and Newmarket Bathroom, Cambridge Room and the Queens Bedroom and Bathroom.
This includes the Windsor Room and Windsor Bathroom and the Quy Room.
This corridor inclues the Abbey Room, Ship Room and Bathroom, the Business Room and the Library.