Discover the house at Anglesey Abbey
The house will be open daily until 31 October. Discover the many layers that Anglesey Abbey has to offer and explore its rich history from monastic priory to twentieth century home. We're gradually re-opening each space. Your visit may be a little different to what you remember, so please take some time to read through this article for further information on what's currently open.
Open daily until 31 October | 11am - 3pm*
*The last entry to the house will be at 2pm.
Our current route will lead you around the ground floor (with improved accessibility) and through the Domestic Wing. Unfortunately, our current volunteer numbers mean it’s not possible to safely open the whole house at the moment. Thank you for your patience while we work to improve access to more of the house over time.
- The safety of our visitors, volunteers and staff remains our top priority.
- Face coverings are recommended in enclosed, crowded areas.
- We'll continue to provide hand sanitiser and stick to our high standards of cleanliness.
- If you're showing any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you've been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 10 days, please don't visit.
- To protect the collection from accidental damage, large bags and baby carriers cannot be worn inside the house and must be carried.
- Please leave pushchairs outside the house. Speak to a member of the team if you're unsure where to leave them.
- Accessible routes are available, please take a look at our Access Statement to find out more, or speak to a member of the team on arrival.
Rooms to explore from home...
Preparations are underway to open more rooms as the year goes on. Here are the rooms we’re looking forward to sharing with you soon.
This includes the Newmarket Bedroom and Newmarket Bathroom, Cambridge Room and the Queens Bedroom and Bathroom.
This includes the Windsor Room and Windsor Bathroom and the Quy Room.
This corridor inclues the Abbey Room, Ship Room and Bathroom, the Business Room and the Library.