Visiting Arlington: what you need to know
We're looking forward to welcoming you back. In this article you will find everything you need to know about what's open and what to expect from your visit.
Do I need to pre-book?
On weekdays you don't need to pre-book your visit. At busier times like weekends and school holidays booking is recommended to guarantee entry.
If you would like to pre-book your visit, we release tickets every Friday, slots for the next day close at 3pm the day before.
Arriving at Arlington
Please park in the designated car park - you will need to pay for parking if you are a non-member. You can pay with cash, the 'PaybyPhone' app (phone reception allowing) code 805969, or at reception. If you are a National Trust Member, parking is free and you can scan your membership card for a parking ticket.
The National Trust car park is located approximately 100m from Reception. Once parked, make your way to the Reception building; please have your ticket ready to show our staff either on your phone or a printed copy. If you’re a member, you’ll also need to show your membership card. Monday-Friday you can also enquire about a walk-up entry.
In order to maintain social distancing, please arrive within your timeslot. At busier times we may not be able to guarantee you entry if you are more than 10 minutes late. Your entry will be at the discretion of the property staff and will be based on visitor numbers and the ability to maintain social distancing.
The safety of our staff, volunteers and visitors is our priority. Look out for signs while you’re here which will explain any changes to how you can access different parts of the site.
To help keep everyone safe, please follow social distancing and government guidance when you visit. If you’re showing any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you've been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 14 days, please don’t visit.
In line with government guidance, you're required to wear a face covering inside, unless exempt. Please bring one with you.
The ground floor of the Carriage Museum (except the Speaker's State Coach), tea-room, second-hand bookshop, toilets, Victorian flower garden, walled kitchen garden and grounds at Arlington Court will be open every day. The ground floor of the house is due to open from Monday 24 May. We recommend checking our opening times on the website for the most up-to-date information before your visit.
- There are designated Blue Badge parking spaces in the main car park.
- Two Trampers are available (subject to availability) for pre-booked ticket holders. Trampers must be also be pre-booked, please call 01271 850296 or email email@example.com to do this.
- Adapted toilets next to tea-room.
- Loose gravel paths, slopes, partly accessible grounds. Map available of an accessible route around grounds.
- Access statement available here, but please note that some parts of this property may be closed on your visit.
Exploring the garden
The team are beginning to get back on top of things in the garden and volunteers are in and helping out. Please bear with us as we continue the work and enjoy all the many other pleasures that our garden has to offer.
Gardeners and volunteers will be working in the garden, please respect the social distancing guidelines around them and be aware that at times some areas may be closed for maintenance and to give the team space to work.
Bringing your family
With over 20 miles of walkways through woodlands, past play areas and along streams, there's plenty of family fun to be had outdoors.
Booking your tickets
How to book
All visitors must book a ticket in advance, including members. Entry and parking is free for members, but please bring your membership card with you. Non-members will need to pay in advance.
- Please book one ticket per person, except for children aged 5 or under as they don’t need a ticket.
- You’ll need to choose a 30-minute arrival time for the day you want to visit.
- The timeslot is for your arrival time only
- Tickets are for your use only and are not available for resale
- We'll send your booking confirmation by email. Please make sure you fill in your correct email address when you book to ensure you receive your confirmation email.
Every Friday we'll release new bookings for visits the following week. You can book up to 18 hours before a timeslot.
Due to limited spaces, we’re asking that you only book once a week to allow others a chance to visit.