Christmas at Bodnant Garden
Christmas is a magical time at Bodnant Garden. Enjoy walks in a frost-sparkling landscape, bring the children to meet the elves, discover traditional gifts at the shop and hearty, festive fare in our tearooms.
Bodnant Garden is open all year-round (apart from Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day) and this 2017 festive season it’s the perfect place to escape the high street for some traditional family together-time.
The star on our tree is the popular Elves’ Workshop. Drop in at the Old Mill in the Dell and enjoy making Christmas crafts with our merry band of Bodnant elves, followed by toasted marshmallows by the roaring brazier outside. The fun starts on Saturday, November 18, when we’ll be switching on the lights in the Old Mill at 12pm - come and get a sneak preview of the decorations!
Elves' Workshops will be on every Saturday and Sunday in the run-up to Christmas and this year we’ve got some extra treats, in the shape of seasonal events. See our events listings for further details of all these activities:
- Elves’ Workshops: November 25/26, December 2/3, December 9/10 and December 16/17 from 11am – 2.30pm (free drop-in event, no booking)
- Winter walk and tea: Wednesday, December 6 from 11am, a guided walk with a gardener followed by afternoon tea in the Pavilion (£19.95 per person, call to book)
- Bird Walk: Friday, December 8, 11am (free, please book)
- Winter walk and lunch: Wednesday, December 13, a guided walk with the head gardener at 11am followed by a two course Christmas lunch in the Pavilion (£25.95pp, call to book)
- Festive dessert tasting evening: Friday, December 15, sample puddings created by our chef in the Pavilion (£24.95 pp, call to book)
The National Trust Gift shop and Bodnant Garden Centre offer a huge range of Christmas ideas, from cards, decorations and gifts to plants, and of course Christmas trees and wreaths. What’s more there’s a unique collection of local arts and crafts products at Bodnant Craft Centre, from jewellery, paintings, ceramics and furniture.
And of course there’s our famous garden to explore; soak up 80 beautiful acres including the seasonal highlights of the special Winter Garden. You can bring your dogs every day from November until the end of March too.
Bodnant Garden offers something to get everyone in the festive spirit this year. Happy Christmas one and all!