Creative Producer at Chirk Castle
We want someone to manage the Chirk Castle core story project in 2019/20. This will involve developing and testing 2-3 different methods of interpretation and storytelling at the property, with the goal being to provide evidence that can suggest new ways of working and support a larger project to overhaul and improve the visitor journey at the site.
Your role will include
- Working with property staff to identify which spaces will be best used to trial different methodologies of storytelling/interpretation.
- Developing a plan for new interpretive approaches to help solve some of the issues identified in the CMP and ‘Chirk Castle Core story project 2019’ document (this document can be emailed to you on request).
- Scoping and creating briefs for piloting new interpretive approaches, and commissioning pilots where applicable for testing.
- Some limited engagement with volunteers and staff at Chirk Castle so that they are part of the project and have opportunities to give their input.
- Working closely with the Chirk Castle Visitor Experience Manager and House & Collection Manager at Chirk Castle to achieve project outcomes.
- Agree evaluative techniques and produce a report on the new approaches tried that will assist property staff to develop the Chirk offer and can be used at other properties that are going through a similar process.
- Attending team meetings and project updates as required and presenting your findings. Managing your budget effectively.
The budget for this project is £20,000, to include all expenses. The preparation work for this project must be completed by end of February 2020 – to allow for a period of trial from March to August 2020, and then evaluation in September 2020.
Please see full brief for background information, essential skills and proposal.
We would like you to set out your approach to this brief, and highlight your particular strengths, skills and relevant areas of expertise.
We would like to know:
- Why do you want to work on this project?
- How do you intend to complete the brief?
- How much of your time you will spend on the brief?
Please provide a breakdown of your costs, and how you would use the budget and provide any relevant information from your portfolio which will show your suitability for the project.
Please email to request a copy of the Chirk Core Story concept booklet, which contains additional background information.
Please direct any queries to Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org