Gluten Free Chocolate Fudge Cake
Rich and indulgent with chocolate frosting, this recipe was created by Felbrigg's in-house baker, Amy, and will feature in the National Trust Summer Cookbook.
Cakes and bakes
- 350g Gluten free self-raising flour
- 40g Cocoa
- 1tspn Xanthan gum
- 2tspn Bicarbonate of soda
- 300g Caster sugar
- 300ml Vegetable oil
- 350ml Milk
- 4 Eggs
- 120g Golden Syrup
- 175g Caster sugar
- 175ml Evaporated milk
- 85g Baking margarine
- 125g Milk chocolate drops
- Combine the flour, cocoa, xanthan gum, bicarbonate of soda and sugar with a mixer.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, vegetable oil, milk and golden syrup. Then add to the dry mix and mix well until smooth.
- Divide the mixture equally between the two cake tins and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and once cooled remove from the tin and put to one side.
- To make the fudge icing, put the sugar and evaporated milk into a saucepan. Heat until boiling, and leave on a rolling boil for 6 minutes. Do not stir!
- Take off the heatand add the baking margarine and chocolate drops, stir until well combined. Leave to cool.
- Place the cake on an upturned bowl and pour over the fudge icing to cover, remove and chill before serving.