Discover the stables shop and second hand bookshop
Our shop has a range of tempting seasonal and locally-sourced treats. And even better, all profits go back into the conservation of this special place.
We’re excited to be able to reopen our shop doors from 12th April, 11am - 5.30pm, whether you’re after some retail therapy, a last-minute gift or to stock up on greetings cards and your favourite jam, you’ll find it in the stables shop. Every penny you spend goes back into looking after this special place.
Staying safe in the shop
The safety of staff, volunteers and visitors is our priority; therefore, we've introduced social distancing measures including:
• Where necessary, we will limit the flow of people coming into our shop to ensure it doesn’t get too busy.
• Hand sanitiser is available for customers and colleagues to use and we’re sanitising shopping baskets between use.
• We've installed a protective screen at the till point.
• In line with government guidance, you’re required to wear a face covering in most enclosed spaces unless exempt. Please bring one with you and if you’ve forgotten to bring a face covering, we do have some available for purchase.
• Our staff and signs will reinforce these safety measures.
Get in the garden
Spring has truly sprung in the Hardwick gardens, and we’ve just stocked up on lots of beautiful plants for your garden too. Working with the Hardwick gardeners, who have grown some of the plants available for sale, we’ve got a wide range of plants available to add some colour to your outside spaces.
Time for a spring clean
If you’re ready to dust away the cobwebs and have a good spring clean, we’ve got the National Trust cleaning range to help you with the task. Our exclusive laundry and household cleaning range is created by Greenscents, a family run business who produce small batches of their products in Somerset, using Exmore water and Organic Fairtrade essential oils.
Preloved page turners
Discover our second-hand bookshop where you'll find a great selection of preloved books. We are currently not accepting donations.
Open every day
Hardwick stables shop is one of the biggest National Trust shops in the Midlands, housed in the former stables. We're open every day from 11am - 5.30pm. So if you fancy some retail therapy or help with finding a gift, do pop in.