Be part of the Ickworth team
We have volunteers from all sorts of backgrounds helping us look after our special places. Whatever you'd like to achieve and be it a one-off or a longer term commitment for yourself, with friends and family or as a group, we'd love you to be part of it.
Our volunteers have so many reasons why they're with us. We asked them what they felt some of the benefits were:
- Trying something different or indulging your interests
- Helping to look after this special place and bring it to life
- Join a great family and make new friends
- Feeling good about doing something worthwhile
- Learn new skills and enhance your CV
- Have fun and enjoy regular social events
- Very flexible with days and hours for volunteering
- Knowing that you're helping our visitors have a great day out
Volunteering puts you at the heart of the National Trust. You’ll join a family of thousands looking after our special places.
A social experience
Our 450 volunteers are quite simply the lifeblood of Ickworth, without them we couldn't keep it going. To say thanks, our volunteers enjoy regular talks, coffee mornings, walk and talks and outings. Highlights are always our seasonal social events where we all come together as a family.
Get in touch with us and search our opportunities
How about joining our team? You just need to be warm, friendly and have a love of people - we'll teach you the rest. To find out more about getting involved, pick from one of the following:
- Emial us at Ickworthvolunteers@nationaltrust.org.uk
- Call us on 01284 736128 to talk
- Have a chat with us when visiting and pick up a volunteering pack up
- Search for current opportunities at Ickworth
Whichever you choose, you'll get plenty of advice and information to help you decide.