Eating and drinking at Stowe
Our café is open with outdoor and indoor seating and takeaway food and drink everyday, 10am-5pm and from 9am on weekends. Hot and cold drinks and food are available from our Potting Shed Café Kiosk, with a fuller menu from the café. Our Potting Shed Café Kiosk is currently open weekends 10am-4pm. The information below will tell you more about what to expect.
How it works
- You can find the café at the back of the New Inn, via the plant centre and next to the shop, on the way to and from the garden.
- The New Inn is free to enter, and free to park. Enjoy meeting friends of coffee, or pop by for a bite of lunch whenever takes your fancy, we would love to see you.
- You can enjoy your food and drink as a takeaway from the café, or take a seat in one of our courtyards or inside
- Our Potting Shed Café Kiosk is on your way to the garden, serving takeaway hot and cold drinks, ice creams and refreshments on the weekends.
- There are protective screens at the till and collection points, and hand sanitiser available.
- Face coverings are recommended in enclosed, crowded spaces
- We prefer card payments, contactless whenever possible, but we do accept cash.
When to visit
- Our café is open 10am-5pm, and we open at 9am on weekends
- Our Potting Shed Café Kiosk is open weekends, 10am-4pm
- Normal admission applies or free to National Trust members.
- You will need to pre-book tickets to visit Stowe
We're serving hot and cold food and drinks, and light refreshments. You'll find freshly made sandwiches, sausage rolls, pasties on the menu as well as freshly baked cakes, confectionary and crisps to choose from. All of our food is currently available as takeaway, or take a seat if you are buying from our cafe.
Plants not plastic
The takeaway packaging you will get your food and drink in are made from a plant based material - not plastic. This makes them fully compostable after they've been used, and helps the environment in the future too.
Help us recycle as much as we can at Stowe – please place your vegware takeaway containers in our bin for composting. This waste gets composted here at Stowe, and in 12 weeks time, will be back on the ground at Stowe enriching the soil.
What to expect when you visit
Take a seat indoors
Enjoy a seat indoors and shelter from the rain, enjoy a catch up with a friend over coffee or treat yourself to a slice of cake with a cup of tea.
Currently all of our food is served as a takeaway. Why not warm up with a takeaway coffee on an early morning walk or enjoy the sunshine in the afternoon and cool down with an ice cream.
We have two outdoor courtyards
We have our two café courtyards open for you to take a seat while you refresh yourself. Pick up and pay for your food at the café and then find a seat. Don't forget to check in using a QR code for track and trace.
Amongst our other drinks and snacks we’re offering children’s hot chocolate, Pom-Bear crisps, chocolate bars and cartons of fruit juice. You'll also be able to make up a lunchbox for your adventure at Stowe.
Visiting with your dog
Stowe is a great place to bring your dog for walkies and when you're finished the café is the perfect place to refresh yourselves. You'll find tie up points and water bowls for your dog to take a rest whilst you pop into the café. We welcome assistance dogs only inside the café.
If you have quetions about our food and drink offer, take a read of our FAQ's to help find your answer.
We look forward to welcoming you back, and know that you’ll support us to make this a safe experience for everyone. Each time you spend money in our café, it helps keep places like Stowe special – thank you.