Summer holidays at Stowe
There's brand new activities waiting for your family over the summer holidays. Take your teens on an adventure through the gardens on the Secrets of Stowe summer challenge for fans of mind games and escape rooms. For little ones, grab a free family explorer guide or drop in for a Wild Wednesday session.
Teens activity - Brand new
Join our wild team for outdoors fun in the sun (fingers crossed!) as we go about ticking off as many '50 things to do before you're 11¾' challenges as we can this summer. Drop in for different nature-based activities each week around the gardens.
The sessions will run from 11am-3pm on 24 and 31 July, 7, 14, 21 and 28 August. The event costs £2 per child, tickets are available on the day from the visitor welcome centre. We recommend this activity for 5-10-year olds, though we'll welcome all ages to participate. A responsible adult must accompany the children throughout the activity. Find out more here.
Family explorers - Toddlers to tens
Pick up a free guide to explore nature's bounty in the garden this summer. It's a great introduction of things to encourage your littlies to look out for, explore and play whilst giving your family the freedom of running wild with no timings - it's easy going so when you have those moments to stop for a picnic or a parent piggy back ride there's no need to worry. Available daily, normal admissions apply.
Summer strolls guide
Experience summer with your senses, spot the leafy trees and play bumble bee bingo whilst you find some of our top '50 things to do before you're 11¾' using this guide. Take a peek or print it to bring along with you when you visit.
A year to make memories
Become a member when you visit Stowe and your money will help care for the gardens whilst you get to enjoy a whole year of family fun.
If you're coming for the day out with the kids, it's always great to plan in your fuelling stops before heading out to the gardens. Here are some top tips to help you plan your day:
- The cafe is located at the visitor centre when you first arrive. If you want to spend a whole day to explore the garden, plan in some time to either head back for midday to purchase lunch from the cafe, or head there first and pick up any of the sandwiches, snacks and foods to take out with you. Ask the team for a 'to go' bag or box, of course parents deserve a well-earned slice of cake!
- For rainy days, use the temples as places to shelter and picnic
- Picnics are welcome throughout the garden and parkland, all we ask is that you take all rubbish home with you
- For a quick pick-me-up, there's a quick serving kiosk in the courtyard located near the plant sales area of the shop. Ice creams, hot drinks and snacks are available on busy days if you're not looking to go into the cafe
- Near to the gardens entrance, the Bell Gate Kiosk will be open on busy days serving as a pit stop if you don't want to come back to the visitor centre
- If you have an onward journey, make dinner easier and drop into the cafe for hot meals and fill up the family. We're serve hot food until 3pm and are open until 5pm
- Family friendly facilities are on hand in the cafe. Bottle warmers, children's cutlery and crockery, microwave, self-serving tap water and high chairs are available from the station you'll find at the bottom of the cafe
- Baby change toilet facilities located within the visitor centre
- Fill up your water bottles for free in the cafe, no need to cue. There's a self-serving water tap near at the utensils station. (If you need extra bottles, we sell some in the shop)