Volunteering at Stowe
Stowe wouldn't be the same without our team of enthusiastic volunteers. Whether based indoors our outdoors, welcoming visitors to the garden, helping with administration, or helping our commercial teams bring in vital income, our volunteers help conserve and enhance this special place for everyone to enjoy.
There are many different ways to get involved in all of the different parts that make up Stowe, from helping welcome visitors, to helping maintain the garden, raising vital funds, and much more.
We'll give you all the training you need, with regular sessions to help you update your knowledge and familiarise yourself with this special place. As well as sessions to develop your skills.
There are lots of opportunities to meet up with other volunteers, with regular socials, trips and a Christmas party.
There's no fixed amount of shifts to cover or hours to volunteer - we're very flexible, and most roles have an online rota so that you can sign up to as much as you wish.
Team volunteering at Stowe - giving a little, gaining a lot
There's so much to be gained from a day out in the fresh air. Here's some of the great reasons to convince your team to come to Stowe:
- Volunteering is a great way of giving back to the local community
- Achieve your own Corporate Social Resonsibility aims. From reducing carbon footprint by tree planting to protecting the environment by helping to create new habitats; our activities will support your strategy
- Promote employee bonding and relationship-building across departments which don't often work together
- Enhance your brand's image with your own customers by showcasing your support of a chairty
- Boost morale within your team by providing time away from daily tasks, recharge their batteries and increase employee productivity and staff retention
- Improve relationships with key stakeholders by developing a reglar programme of community work
- Teach individuals new skills and build self-esteem
- Providing access to the natural world will help employees support change intiatives such as energy-saving and recyling
- Combine a workshop, training or meeting in our Bennett Room with half a day's volunteering
" At the heart of the National Trust is a simple common purpose. For places, for ever, for everyone. Donations from businesses help us continue to beat in tune with the heart of our founders' ambitions. "
We welcome applications from individuals wishing to join us for work experience in all departments across the Stowe and Aylesbury Vale team. Work experience is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills, and learn about the running and management of a significant heritage property. Where possible, we tailor work experience to students' interests, resulting in an engaging work experience for all.
Competition for work experience places is intense, we interview all work experience applications, giving students an opportunity to share their passion for the National Trust and our work. For an informal conversation about work experience, please contact Fraser Normington, Volunteering and Community Manager, here.
" At the Stowe and Aylesbury Portfolio during the 2019/20 season, 503 volunteers worked in 65 roles, donating 56,476 hours. We simply couldn't achieve what we do without their contribution. Join the team and help us look after your local special place."
Get in touch
Drop us a message - send your details to sign up to the event or ask any questions, we love to chat.