Watersports at Studland Bay
The sheltered waters of Studland Bay are ideal for watersports, including swimming, sailing, kayaking, kite surfing and diving. Bring your own equipment or hire it from companies on site. Find out about what's on offer.
Safety and the environment at Studland
- Swimmers only zones operate at Knoll Beach and South Beach during the summer, but please look out for swimmers in other areas.
- Please be aware that jet skis and motorboats over 20hp are not allowed.
- Please be aware of weather and tidal conditions.
- There is no lifeguard service at Studland.
- Dorset Coast Forum has produced a leaflet with advice for canoeists using Poole Harbour. You can download a PDF version here.
Kite surfing at Studland
A kite surfing zone has been set aside between Shell Bay and Knoll Beach – a permit is required (please return the form below to the Studland beach office with a £5 fee).
Equipment hire at Studland
- Boat storage and launching from £18 a day
- Weekly rental from £100
- Phone 01929 450500 (booking essential)
- Long-term storage - waiting list opens annually on April 1 for one month. Please call 01929 450002
fore/adventure at Middle Beach offer kayaking and kayak fishing. Also sit-on-top BCU courses, guiding, tours and equipment hire for all levels of ability and expert tuition including one-to-one sessions.
Contact 07933 507165. or visit the website
Studland Watersports at Knoll Beach offer sailing, windsurfing, kayaks, paddle boards and pedaloes. Also powerboat-based activities including wake boarding, waterskiing and banana rides.
Contact 07980 559143 or visit the websit