Summer for families at Bodnant Garden
Get back to nature and back to childhood this summer with our #50Things challenge. Whether you're discovering the fun of Pooh Sticks for the first time or rediscovering it (from too many years ago to remember) there's something for the whole family to enjoy.
The National Trust '50 things to do before you're 11¾' challenge celebrates the outdoor pleasures of childhood; those milestones of growing up like building a den, rolling down a hill or playing conkers. It's become a firm favourite with families, and kids can tick off their #50Things at their own pace at NT places all year round.
At Bodnant Garden this summer 2019 we’ll be running 5 Out Of 50 - there will be five different #50Things activities every day throughout the holidays, so there’ll be lots of different things to do every time you visit. One day you might be building a den, the next working out how to use a map to find your way, the next seeing if you can make a giant stick tower.
Alongside the trail there’ll be other many other activities for families through the summer season. Normal garden admission/entry fee applies for all activities. See our What's On listings to book events online or call the booking line on 0344 2491895:
- National Day of Stitch: Textile making workshop with North Wales Embroiderers Guild on Saturday 22 June in the Old Mill, 10am until 4pm. Free, no need to book.
- Beefest: Join us celebrating bees, meadows and wildlife on Saturday and Sunday, July 27 and 28, with demonstrations and activities throughout the garden.
- Music at the Pin Mill: Welsh harpist Dylan Cernyw performing at the Pin Mill (in the Pavilion if wet) on Sundays 16 June, 14 July, 18 August and 15 September, from 2pm - 4pm (free, no booking needed.) Also these days we're offering Musical Picnics - collect your picnic and blanket from the Pavilion and take it into the garden to enjoy the music! Book online or by calling the booking line.
- History of Bodnant: Guided walk on Saturday 27 July at 12noon, Free event but please book your place online or by calling the booking line.
- Birds of Bodnant: Guided walk on Monday 17 June, Friday 26 July and Friday 23 August, starting at 11am from the reception centre. Free event but please book your place online or by calling the booking line.
- Poem open day: 30 July and 27 August. Free, no booking needed.
- 'The Secret Garden': Don't miss this outdoor theatre event on Monday 12 August. Bring your picnic and enjoy a performance of this classic children's story on the Front Lawn, from 6.30pm-10pm. See cost and booking details in our What's On Listings.
Not forgetting of course, there are 80 acres of garden, woodland, meadow and riverside for you to explore; two tearooms, an outdoor refreshment kiosk in The Dell and picnic benches across the garden. Dogs are welcome on #WagWednesday evenings from 5-8pm in summer.
There really is something for everyone to enjoy at Bodnant Garden this summer. Get the family together and tick off your #50Things adventures around our special places in Wales.