Fun and games this Easter at Chirk Castle
We're looking forward to spring and some fantastic Easter fun and games here at Chirk Castle.
Cadbury Egg Hunt
Our annual Cadbury Egg Hunt takes place over Easter weekend from 14 to 17 April, and this year Bunny has hidden giant bird eggs around the estate for you to find. Each egg is related to one of our native species, so see how many you can recognise!
If you complete the trail you will earn yourself a Cadbury chocolate prize. Trails are £2.50 each. Normal admission or a National Trust membership is also required. Pick up your trail leaflet from Home Farm.
Spring Nature Trail
This year we have a special Spring nature trail running from 1 to 23 April in the Pleasure Ground Wood, a great way to explore and find out more about the Chirk Estate.
Become a Nature Knight and find and unlock the secret doors to discover lots of interesting facts about the about the changing seasons. Pick up your trail leaflet from the Garden Gate to get started. Normal Admission or a National Trust membership is required. There is no additional charge and no prize for completion of the trail.
Other Activities this Spring
- There are volunteer guided estate walks on the 8th, 9th, 23rd, and 30th April.
- And on Saturday 29 April join our Ranger team for a special guided walk looking at our collection of veteran Trees - pre-book only via the website.
- On Sunday 14 May, come and see Beethoven in the Woodland in the afternoon, part of the Whittington Classical Music Festival.
In collaboration with Sport Wales:
- Our free nordic walking group meets every Tuesday.
- Our free beginner running group meets every Saturday.
- Our Trust10 10k trail takes place on the fourth Sunday of each month.
This Spring we have exhibitions from:
- Students at Glyndwr University.
- Japanese artist Takumasa Ono.
- The Oswestry Society of Artists, in the old Squash Court near Home Farm.
For more events and more information on those listed above please visit our What's On page here.
Find the 'signs of spring' at Chirk Castle
Spring is on its way - the flowers are blooming, trees are blossoming, and birds are chirping. Now is the perfect time to get outdoors to spot the signs of spring at Chirk Castle, and our nearby properties Erddig and Powis Castle - all within an hour drive of each other. Whether you love daffodils, bluebells, lambs in the parkland or the sight of returning swallows you can spot them all with us.
Download our signs of spring trail to follow spring across our three properties:
We'd love to see your signs of spring pictures, share them with us or our National Trust Wales Facebook page using the hashtag #NTFirst.