Sport for sceptics: the Lake District, Cumbria
If you’re looking for a taste of adventure there are few better places to visit than the Lake District. But it’s not all ice climbing and tough mountain trails. There are plenty of activities that are perfect for families and those looking for a slightly mellower adventure.
- Cycle along the shores of Lake Windermere to Wray Castle on our newly-created Windermere West Shore Path.
- Climb trees with ropes, knots and karabiners at Fell Foot Park. You can also hire rowing boats and kayaks here from April to October.
- Scrambling for beginners is available at Cam Crag Ridge, in the Langstrath Valley.
- Kids can try abseiling at Keswick.
- Embark on a canoeing adventure, try wild swimming or hire a rowing boat on Derwentwater Lake.
- Hire rowing boats, kayaks or canoes at Coniston.
- Moonlit canoeing, rock climbing and scrambling await you at Low Wray Campsite.