Perfect picnic spots
What could be better than a picnic with friends and family? As warmer, sunnier days unfold come and explore the acres of countryside, beautiful gardens and magical spots here at Hardwick with a picnic in tow - we have some great places for eating outside.
One of the best things about the Hardwick is that there are so many hidden places to discover.
You can either bring your own picnic or pick up some sandwiches, snacks and cakes from the Great Barn Restaurant or Coach House kiosk to take out in the park or gardens.
There are lots of different nooks and crannies around the park and gardens you can picnic in.
Here are a few suggestions from our team:
Upper Park just before you enter Park Piece on the Oak walk - it’s a really peaceful spot and a place for somewhere to relax
- Lady Spencer's Walk, just a little bit further along from the woodland play trail
- The orchard in the garden is a great place to lay your picnic blanket, especially when the blossom is out in spring and as the fruit starts to appear come early summer
- Down by the Ponds, a peaceful spot, home to lots of wildlife and a great view back up to the House. There are picnic benches dotted about around here
- The Stableyard has a good selection of picnic benches and if you're looking for shade or shelter, the Cart Shed is a perfect place to enjoy your lunch
- Near the recently restored Duck Decoy in Lower Park