Volunteering at Studland Bay
We're looking for friendly and approachable people with an interest and a passion for the work of the National Trust at Studland Bay. Do you want to learn new skills, meet new people, share your love of Studland, and just have fun?
Volunteering Roles at Studland Bay
Get involved and join our team of volunteers. There's a volunteering opportunity for everyone at Studland Bay.
- Dynamic Dunescapes: As a Dunescapes Volunteer, you can be involved in a huge variety of work. From citizen science, conservation, engagement, events, education, data collection, communications and more!
- Visitor Welcome: We need to give a warm welcome, as well as any important information visitors will need to get the most out of their day. Visitor Welcome volunteers are multi-tasking superstars who can brighten up even the rainiest day.
- Trust10: Help to deliver this monthly Sunday morning 10k run across the Purbeck Hills; from registering the runners on arrival, marshalling the course and running the route to ensure everyone gets back safely.
- Second hand bookshop: Help us to keep the book shops well presented. Duties will include organising and tidying up our 2 book shops, sorting through our donations and putting books out on display with a warm, friendly welcome to all visitors. If you love a good book and the coast, this may be the role for you, we would love you to come and help at our second hand book shops at Knoll and Middle Beach.
- Beach Rangers: Join in on a variety of practical tasks on the beach itself and across the peninsula. Tasks include scrub bashing, footpath cutting, pine pulling, fencing, planting wildflowers and building bug hotels.
Other ways to volunteer across Purbeck
We also have two roles available covering the National Trust’s wider Purbeck estate, including Corfe Castle.
- Handypeople: Our friendly group meets twice a week to carry out a range of practical tasks necessary for the upkeep of our buildings and infrastructure across Purbeck. This would suit anyone with DIY skills or trade experience who enjoys working as part of a team.
- Gardeners: Our small but dedicated gardening group is also looking for new members to help look after holiday cottage gardens throughout Purbeck, the vegetable plot which supplies our catering outlets with fresh produce and the tea-rooms garden in Corfe Castle.