Fun for all the family at Blickling Estate
Discover fun for all the family every day of the week at Blickling Estate and have a go at some of our 'top 50 Things to do before you're 11¾'. With lots to do throughout the year and daily trails available, there's always something to spark imagination of your little explorers...
Collect a children's map from visitor reception and head out on an adventure around the colourful gardens. Find the secret tunnels, squishy trees, sundial and more. There's plenty of fun to be had, from a family game of hide and seek between the yew hedges, to planting seeds in the walled kitchen garden.
Come rain or shine, discover the magic of the Blickling's Jacobean mansion. The house is open 363 days of the year, giving you even more opportunities to visit us.
We're inviting budding nature explorers to take part in our annual butterfly survey any day of the week. This route around the wider estate is ideal for children aged 7+ as it encourages curious minds to discover the wonders of the natural world. You can join in on foot or by bike, just collect a survey sheet from visitor reception and help us to look after these incredible creatures.
There are so many things to do around the estate and plenty of opportunities to tick off some of your '50 things'. Why not build a den, fly a kite or create some wild art?
If you fancy getting out on your bike, why not bring a picnic? Our multi-use trail is specifically designed for families to enjoy, offering a safe route through the estate. Find out more about the multi-use trail.
Little Explorers | Tuesdays and Saturdays
In partnership with Cotswold Outdoor, we're offering free family walking sessions. From Tuesday 4 June, join us outside Estate Barn visitor reception, at the main car park, before heading out to explore Blickling's wider estate and all it has to offer. Children of all ages, buggies and wheelchairs are welcome to join in the adventure.
Please note: places must be booked online in advance. Sessions are aimed at children aged eight and younger, but we encourange the whole family to join in.
Good to know
- Baby changing can be found at Estate Barn at the main car park, near East Wing visitor reception and in the Farmyard area.
- Bottles and baby food can be warmed up in all three of our cafés.
- High chairs, activity lunch boxes, cups and water jugs are available in the Stables café.
- If you fancy a picnic, you'll find picnic benches in the garden by the lake, in the Farmyard area, or near Estate Barn visitor reception at the main car park.
- There are plenty of buggy-friendly paths around the garden and parkland, just grab a map from visitor reception.