Family fun at Blickling Estate
Bring the whole family to explore the estate, follow trails and have a go at some of our 50 things to do before you're 11¾. With special events throughout the year and daily trails available, there will always be something fun to spark the imaginations of young and old alike.
Follow the winding paths to discover the animals of Blickling wood in the secret tunnels or see if you can find the secret garden. Have a go at our garden trail or play hide and seek between the yew hedges by the parterre. Whatever you choose, there's plenty to spark the imagination of pre-schoolers as well as older kids in the garden.
For the first time ever, the house is open every day of the year, giving you even more opportunities to visit us. From May - October 2018 explore our exciting new art installation. 'The Word Defiant!' reveals stories of books that have been banned, burned, drowned, superseded, redacted, neglected and those that remain defiant.
If you're up for a challenge, at the end of your route around the house you will find three unusual book-themed activities. What will you discover?
Good to know
- Baby changing can be found at the main car park, near East Wing visitor reception and in the Farmyard.
- Baby slings and hip seats are available for hire upon entry to the house.
- Bottles and baby food can be warmed up in all three of our cafes.
- High chairs, fun activities, cups and water jugs are available in The Stables cafe.
- If you fancy a picnic, you'll find picnic benches on the parade by the lake and in the orchard.
- Pick up our children's map at Visitor Reception to help your adventurers find their way around.
- There are plenty of buggy friendly paths around the garden and parkland, just grab a map at Visitor Reception.