Fun for all the family at Blickling Estate
Bring the whole family to explore the estate, follow trails and have a go at some of our 50 things to do before you're 11¾. With lots to do throughout the year and daily trails available, there will always be something fun to spark the imaginations of young and old alike.
During school holidays, collect a children's map from visitor reception and head out on an adventure around the colourful gardens.
Explore the gardens further by finding the secret tunnels, squishy trees, sundial and more. There's plenty of fun to be had, from a family game of croquet by the lake, to planting seeds in the walled kitchen garden.
Follow the winding paths to discover the animals of Blickling wood in the secret tunnels or see if you can find the secret garden. Have a go at our garden trail or play hide and seek between the yew hedges by the parterre. Whatever you choose, there's plenty to spark the imagination of pre-schoolers as well as older kids in the garden.
Come rain or shine, the house is open 363 days of the year, giving you even more opportunities to visit us. From May - October 2018 explore our exciting art installation. 'The Word Defiant!' reveals stories of books that have been banned, burned, drowned, superseded, redacted, neglected and those that remain defiant.
If you're up for a challenge, at the end of your route around the house you will find some unusual book-themed activities. What will you discover?
Take part in our family nature trail in the parkland any day of the week. This walk around the wider estate is ideal for older children as it encourages curious minds to solve riddles and complete the puzzle to reveal a mystery word. You can take part on foot or by bike, all you need to do is collect a trail sheet from visitor reception.
In partnership with British Cycling and HSBC UK we're offering low cost cycle and equipment hire for all ages, making it easier than ever to get out on the trail. Come along to our cycle hub and discover a new way to enjoy nature on two wheels.
Good to know
- Baby changing can be found at the main car park, near East Wing visitor reception and in the Farmyard.
- Baby slings and hip seats are available for hire upon entry to the house.
- Bottles and baby food can be warmed up in all three of our cafes.
- High chairs, fun activities, cups and water jugs are available in The Stables cafe.
- If you fancy a picnic, you'll find picnic benches on the parade by the lake and in the orchard.
- Pick up our children's map at Visitor Reception to help your adventurers find their way around.
- There are plenty of buggy friendly paths around the garden and parkland, just grab a map at Visitor Reception.