Christmas through the ages - medieval weekends
2&3, 9&10 and 16&17 December. Join us for a traditional medieval Christmas with all the trimmings. We will be transforming the Chirk Castle courtyard into a medieval feast for the senses, with the smells, sounds, sights and tastes of traditional medieval festivities.
As part of celebrating Christmas through the ages, join us for the fourth year of our medieval Christmas at Chirk Castle and on weekends take a look at how Christmas might have been celebrated 700 years ago.
This year expect:
- Medieval characters in the courtyard.
- Our jester showing off his circus skills.
- Flaming braziers.
- Crafts, including table centres, leather working, wood work and more
- Medieval festive food and drink to try, including mince pies with meat and spices and traditional gingerbread.
- Storytelling with Andy Harrop-Smith.
- Archery demonstrations and have-a-go, from the Clwydian Bowmen.
- Falconry, from Shropshire Falconry.
- And don't forget that you can also go inside the castle to see our 'Christmas through the Ages' decorations.
Booking not needed (except for Father Christmas grotto). Normal admission charges apply. National Trust members are free.
For more Information call 01691 777701, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Some of the activities will be outside, so dress warmly!
Assistance Dogs only are welcome.
Some parts of the event will be difficult to access for those with limited mobility. Medieval food options are located in an upstairs space, but staff will be happy to bring any of the items downstairs to you i needed. Please request a copy of our access statement if you have any questions.