Summer fun at Blickling Estate
Keep your little explorers busy this summer with family activities across the estate. Enjoy everything from bike rides and family trails to gardening fun and hands-on history...
Discover the garden
Head out on an adventure around the colourful garden. Find the secret tunnels, squishy trees, sundial and more. There's plenty of fun to be had, from a family game of croquet by the lake, to planting seeds in the walled kitchen garden.
Explore the house
Visit the house this summer and discover our contemporary art installation The Edge of Things responding to the fascinating historical books in Blickling's collection.
If you're up for an adventure, why not join one of our exciting Buildings, Books and Beetles attic experiences?
Little ones can enjoy finding beetles that are hidden around the house. See if you can spot all ten as you explore. You'll also discover some unusual book-themed activities at the end of your route around the house and suitable for all ages
Get close to nature in the wider estate
We're inviting budding nature explorers to take part in our annual butterfly survey any day of the week. This route around the wider estate is ideal for children as it encourages curious minds to discover the wonders of the natural world. You can join in on foot or by bike, just collect a survey sheet from visitor reception and help us to look after these incredible creatures.
Fancy an ice cream?
Find a selection of scrumptious ice cream flavours in our Muddy Boots and Farmyard cafés. You'll also find special lunch packs, hot meals and tasty treats in the Stables café, so there's always plenty to tempt your hungry explorers. Or pack a picnic and find a shady spot in beautiful surroundings.
Good to know
- There are plenty of buggy-friendly paths around the garden and parkland, just grab a map from visitor reception.
- Baby changing can be found at Estate Barn at the main car park, near East Wing visitor reception and in the Farmyard area.
- Bottles and baby food can be warmed up in all three of our cafés.
- High chairs, activity lunch boxes, cups and water jugs are available in the Stables café.
- If you fancy a picnic, you'll find picnic benches in the garden by the lake, in the Farmyard area, or near Estate Barn visitor reception at the main car park.