Summer fun at Blickling Estate
Keep your little explorers busy this summer with family activities across the estate. Enjoy everything from bike rides and family trails to garden games and sport activities.
19 July - 5 September
Head out on an adventure around the colourful garden. Find the secret tunnels and squishy trees or play hide and seek amongst the yew hedges. There's plenty of fun to be had, from a game of croquet by the lake to challenging the family with our new 'Get, Set, Go' activity!
Get, set, go!
Pick up one of our Get, set, go! activity cards on arrival and reconnect with nature this summer. Filled with activities for the whole family to try, tick off as many as you can as you enjoy your day.
Visit the house this summer and see if you can 'Spot the ball' as you explore each of the rooms. Discover stories of how the RAF Officers, billeted to Blickling Hall during WWII, enjoyed the estate for leisure and pleasure.
Whether you want to hire bikes or try out our free balance bike track, head over to the Cycle Hub on arrival. You're welcome to bring your own bikes too. If walking is more your thing, pick up a map at Visitor Welcome and head out into the parkland. Don't miss the majestic Mausoleum, a bit of cloud watching from the sky glade or how about a spot of den building?
Fancy an ice cream?
Find a selection of scrumptious ice creams, sorbets and lollies in our cafés. You'll also find special lunch packs, hot meals and tasty treats in the Stables café, so there's always plenty to tempt your hungry explorers. Or pack a picnic and find a shady spot in beautiful surroundings.
Good to know
- There are plenty of buggy-friendly paths around the garden and parkland, just grab a map from visitor reception.
- Baby changing can be found at Estate Barn at the main car park, near East Wing visitor reception and in the Farmyard area.
- Bottles and baby food can be warmed up in our cafés.
- High chairs, activity lunch boxes, cups and water jugs are available in the Stables café.
- If you fancy a picnic, you'll find picnic benches in the garden by the lake, in the Farmyard area, or near Estate Barn visitor reception at the main car park.