Book your house tickets for Chartwell
To ensure our visitors get the best experience and to help protect our historic collection, we provide entry to the house on a timed ticket basis.
- Your timed ticket will be for a self-guided visit to the house.
- House tickets may sell out during busy weekends and school holidays. We advise that you book your ticket in advance to guarantee your entry.
- Please be aware that the last timed ticket entry into the house is at 3.50pm.
Book a house ticket on the day
- House timed tickets run every 10 minutes throughout the day, from 11.30am Monday to Friday and from 11am on weekends. On the day, these are sold on a first come first served basis from our visitor welcome centre which opens at 10am.
- If you are a National Trust member, you still need to either book in advance or get your house ticket on arrival.
- On arrival, our visitor welcome team will offer you the next available time slot, subject to availability.
Book a house ticket in advance
- E-tickets are free to book, with non-members paying the stated amount on arrival at the Visitor Centre.
- Monday to Friday you can book the 12pm or 2.30pm in advance.
- Weekend tickets run at either 12pm and 2.30pm, or 3.10pm and 3.40pm dependent on the month. Please see the below link for more details.
- Ticket slots must be booked at least 24 hours in advance.
- If you are a National Trust member, please choose the 'NT member with proof of membership' option to get your free entry.
- Please arrive at least 30 mins before the time stated on your e-ticket to exchang your e-ticket for a house ticket and pay on arrival if a non-member.
- To book a timed ticket simply call 03442491895 or book here on our website below.
Whichever way you decide to obtain a house ticket, please head to the visitor welcome centre on arrival.
- On Bank Holidays the only timed slot available to book in advance is for 11.15am entry into the house.
- During these peak times the property becomes very busy and we may have to temporarily close the car park when we get full.
- We recommend visiting on a quieter day. If you would still like to visit on a bank holiday then arriving before midday is advised to guarantee car park and house entry.
Frequently asked questions
How far in advance should I book a ticket?
If you want to book in advance then please do so at least 24 hours before your visit date.
Tickets can't be booked online or by telephone on the day of the visit, though many tickets will be available to obtain on arrival from the visitor centre.
Can tickets be refunded or redated?
Due to the popularity of the property tickets can't be refunded, exchanged or moved to another date.
Does my house ticket include the gardens, studio and estate?
Your house ticket is inclusive of the gardens, studio and estate. It doesn't however cover the £4 car park charge for non-members.
Can I book a morning time slot in advance?
No, only two afternoon time slots can be booked in advance.
We recognise that many of our visitors are travelling long distances to see us. By booking an afternoon time slot they are able to guarantee their house visit and have adequate travelling time to reach us.
I'm a National Trust member - do I need a timed ticket?
Yes, members will need to either book a house ticket in advance for free or get a house ticket on arrival.
Please choose the 'NT member with proof of membership' option if booking your ticket online.
When should I arrive for my allocated house entry time?
If booked in advance, tickets need to be picked up from the visitor welcome team at least 30 minutes before your booked house entry time.
On our busier days, there may be a delay getting into our car park or visitor welcome centre so we advise arriving with plenty of time to spare.
If you do not arrive 30 minutes prior to your visit, your tickets may be allocated to other visitors and we cannot guarantee you another entry time.
Can I book in advance over the phone?
Our booking system is available via our website, alternatively you can call our Central Box Office on 03442491895.
Please note tickets can't be booked over the phone on the day of the visit.
I'm a National Trust member, do I need to bring my card with me on my visit?
You will need to present your membership card to the visitor welcome team on the day of your visit along with your email confirmation if you've booked tickets in advance.