Wild Garlic Scone of the Month
Home made with wild garlic from Lady Geraldine's walk. We recommend serving with cream cheese and our sweet chilli jam, available in our shop.
675g self raising flour
175g cooking margarine
2 medium eggs
250ml semi skimmed milk
70g wild garlic (3 or 4 coves of garlic as an alternative)
1. Place flour, cooking margarine, salt and pepper in to the mixer and mix until there are no longer
lumps of margarine.
2. Add the wild garlic in to the mixture and mix together.
3. Break the eggs in to the mixture , mix thoroughly.
4. Add milk in slowly, until the mixture comes together, you may not need all of the milk.
5. Once combined, roll out to about 2 1/2 cm thick and using a 70 mm cutter cut out your scones.
6. Gently brush each scone with some of the unused milk.
7. Place on a lined tray and cook at 160˚ for 18 minutes