A classic recipe for classic biscuits.
- ½ lb flour
- ½ lb butter
- 1½ oz of ground ginger or to your own taste
- 6 oz treacle
- a little milk
- Put the butter into the flour.
- Warm the treacle and milk, let it be very hot and put into the ingredients, mix well.
- Let it stand in a cool place overnight or four hours in the day.
- Put on baking sheets the size of a large marble and cook in a moderate oven.
Cut your gingerbread into any shape you like.
Be careful with your cooking time, as Florence wasn't very specific, so keep an eye on your gingerbread in the oven!