Raspberry and white chocolate scones
If you enjoyed March's scone of the month, why not have a go at making it yourself at home? This recipe will produce 18-20 scones best enjoyed fresh from the oven with some raspberry jam and clotted cream.
- 1kg Self raising flour
- 250g Margarine
- 200g Caster sugar
- 450ml Milk
- 300g Frozen raspberries
- 5ml Vanilla flavouring
- 250g White chocolate (chips or roughly chopped)
- 50g White chocolate for decorating
- In a large mixing bowl, place the margarine, self-raising flour and sugar, mixing together until it becomes fine crumbs.
- Add the frozen raspberries, white chocolate and vanilla flavouring to the flour mix and combine
- Add the milk to form a firm dough ball
- Remove from the bowl and place on a floured surface
- Roll out to the thickness of your cutter and cut your scones
- Place on a lined tray and bake for 20 -25mins at 160c (fan assisted oven) or 180c (conventional oven)
- Whilst the scones are cooling, melt an aditional 50g of white chocolate either in a microwave or a bowl over a pan of hot water. Use a piping bag or spoon to decorate the scones with the melted chocolate.