Five bean salad
A refreshing, easy to make summer salad. Ideal for serving with a barbeque or for a picnic lunch for friends and family. It can be made the day before and left in the fridge overnight.
- Green beans - cooked 250g
- Peas - cooked 250g
- Wax beans - cooked 250g
- Garbanzo or lima beans - cooked 250g
- Kidney beans - cooked 250g
- Cauliflower - chopped 125g
- Celery - chopped 125g
- Onion - chopped 125g
- Green pepper - chopped 125g
- Sweet vinegar peppers - chopped 125g
- Sugar 1 1/2 cups
- Hungarian paprika 1/2 tsp
- Cider or white distilled vinegar 1 cup
- Olive oil 1/2 cup
- Garlic - peeled and minced 4 cloves
- Hot red pepper flakes 1/4 tsp
Salt and pepper - to taste
- Empty beans, cauliflower, celery, onion, and peppers into a salad bowl.
- In a small bowl or blender, combine sugar, paprika, vinegar, garlic, hot pepper flakes and oil.
- Pour over vegetables; stir together well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.