On your bike at Blickling Estate
With a variety of bikes for all ages, including electric bikes, trailers and balance bikes, the whole family can enjoy getting out into the parkland. You're welcome to bring your own bikes too, so pack a picnic and get planning your adventure.
From 8 - 30 September: Wednesday to Sunday | 10am - 4pm (closed Sunday 26 September for the Great British Dog Walk)
From 1 - 22 October: Wednesday to Sunday | 10am - 3pm
Half term holiday: 23 - 31 October: Open daily 10am - 3pm
November - February:
Fri, Sat, Sun | 10am - 3pm
Cycle hire prices (2 hour session)
Adult £5 | Child (under 18) £4
Balance bikes are free of charge
Electric bike | £12
Our E-bikes are perfect for anyone who is unable to take one of our standard bikes out, or for those who need a bit of help getting up the slopes! They can be hired on a first come, first serve basis (no pre-booking is available), and must be used onsite.
We have put a variety of safety measures in place, to ensure you're able to make the most of your time with us:
- The cycle hub will be open from 10am until 4pm, then 10am until 3pm from 1 October, with last hire one hour before closing
- We are offering a two hour hire rate at present, to ensure there is time to clean any bikes before they're used again (please be aware the last hire time only gives an hour's cycle ride)
- All cycle equipment will be sanitised before and after each use and the hire information will be kept for track and trace
- We are operating a one way system and all parts of the hire will be completed outside
- If you have your own helmets, please bring them with you. We have helmets available but with cleaning procedures, it would be very helpful if you're able to bring your own
- Card payments only please
- Cycle hire is on a first come, first serve basis. We cannot guarantee bikes will be available, however, we would suggest coming along earlier in the day to give you the best chance
- We have children's and adult bikes, trailers and balance bikes (there are currently no tagalongs)
- There are a limited number of trailers available each day. Due to extra cleaning, trailers can only be in use once each day
The cycle team is very happy to have a chat if you have any queries before you come. Just give them a call on 01263 733708.
With over 4,600 acres of stunning parkland to explore at Blickling, highlights will include ancient woodland, the Tower that was once used by the 2nd Earl of Buckinghamshire as a grandstand, and the striking pyramid Mausoleum. Not to mention the sweeping views over the lake, back towards the hall.
After the launch of our multi-use trail in 2017, supported by Sport England, we recommend this accessible route to all abilities, including adapted wheelchair users, all year round. Whatever the weather, this 4 mile trail takes in all the highlights of the wider estate. Collect a map from us upon arrival, which shows all the best way-marked trails around the estate. And for those wanting to plan ahead, take a look at our downloadable trail.