On your bike at Blickling Estate
Located at the Old School, our cycle hire hub has a variety of bikes for all ages, including electric bikes, trailers and balance bikes so the whole family can enjoy exploring the parkland. You're welcome to bring your own bikes too, so pack a picnic and get planning your adventure.
2 April – 30 October 2022
Wednesday to Sunday 10am - 4pm (last hire 3pm)
31 October – 31 December 2022
Friday to Sunday 10am - 3pm (last hire 2pm)
Cycle hire prices (2 hour session)
Adult £5 | Child (under 18) £4
Balance bikes are free of charge.
Trailers | £4 per child
Our two seat trailers are ideal for little ones over 12 months old and up to a maximum height of 105cm and weight of 18kg. There's a handy boot space to store bags and picnics in the back of each trailer.
Tag a long bikes | £4 per child
For those who might need a bit of help peddling around the estate, why not try a tag a long bike? Minimum Height: Must be able to sit on the saddle and get both feet safely on the ground. Max Weight: 34 kg / 75 pounds.
Electric bike | £12
Our E-bikes are perfect for anyone who is unable to take one of our standard bikes out, or for those who need a bit of help getting up the slopes! They can be hired on a first come, first serve basis (no pre-booking is available), and must be used onsite.
Good to know
We have put a variety of safety measures in place, to ensure you're able to make the most of your time with us:
- We are offering a two hour hire rate at present, to ensure there is time to clean any bikes before they're used again (please be aware the last hire time only gives an hour's cycle ride)
- All cycle equipment is sanitised before and after each use
- If you have your own helmets, please bring them with you. We have helmets available but with cleaning procedures, it would be very helpful if you're able to bring your own
- Card payments only please
- Cycle hire is on a first come, first serve basis. We cannot guarantee bikes will be available, however, we would suggest coming along earlier in the day to give you the best chance of hiring what you require
- We have adult and children's bikes, balance bikes and a limited numer of trailers and tag a longs.
The cycle team is very happy to have a chat if you have any queries before you come. Just give them a call on 01263 733708.
With over 4,600 acres of stunning parkland to explore at Blickling, highlights will include ancient woodland, the Tower that was once used by the 2nd Earl of Buckinghamshire as a grandstand, and the striking pyramid Mausoleum. Not to mention the sweeping views over the lake, back towards the hall.
After the launch of our multi-use trail in 2017, supported by Sport England, we recommend this accessible route to all abilities, including adapted wheelchair users, all year round. Whatever the weather, this 4 mile trail takes in all the highlights of the wider estate. Collect a map from us upon arrival, which shows all the best way-marked trails around the estate. And for those wanting to plan ahead, take a look at our downloadable trail.