Quiz of the Week: Blickling Estate
How well do you know some of the places in our care in the East of England? Test your knowledge, challenge your friends and family, and learn something new along the way with our weekly quiz.
1. Who owned the Tudor manor that once stood at Blickling?
A. Seymour family
B. Parr family
C. Boleyn family
2. The 4th Baronet died from his wounds, but how were they inflicted?
A. He fought a duel on Cawston Heath
B. A horse riding accident in the park
C. A drunken brawl in Aylsham
3. The last owner, Lord Lothian, was an ambassador to which country?
A. United States of America
4. Lord Lothian was private secretary to which Prime Minister?
A. David Lloyd George
B. Stanley Baldwin
C. Winston Churchill
5. How many volumes do we care for in the impressive Long Gallery?
6. Made of 190,000 stone blocks, what shape is the mausoleum?
7. Which garden designer influenced the Parterre you see today?
A. Gertrude Jekyll
B. Norah Lindsay
C. Vita Sackville-West
8. What was the house used for during the Second World War?
A. A hospital for wounded soldiers
B. Officers’ Mess for the Royal Air Force
C. Dormitories for evacuated children
9. What’s the name of the river that runs through the Estate?
A. River Bure
B. River Waveney
C. River Wissey
10. How many trees were brought down in the Great Storm of 1987?
Answers: 1C, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5C, 6C,7B, 8B, 9A, 10C